IFF: Identification, Friend or Foe
Combat Identification and IFF Systems
Four decades of experience, cost effectiveness, superior performance, user satisfaction and reliability lead to outstanding products:
IFF-Systems for reducing fratricide (not only within autonomous but also within joint NATO or U.N. operations), for improving (tactical) situational awareness and for enhancing the air traffic during missions.
The advanced IFF Mode 5 is the latest NATO-compliant IFF system helps reduce friendly fire causalities and maximise the combat effectiveness. It also enhances security through new cryptographic algorithms.
The IFF-Systems Family consists of the following products:
- LTR 400: Small, lightweight transponder for civilian and military applications
- STR 2000: Full-scale transponder for fighters, big helicopters and big airplanes
- CADU 5: The control and display unit for operating the LTR 400 and STR 2000 transponders
- MSR 1000 I: Lightweight interrogator for (very) short range air defence systems (VSHORAD)
- BTI 1000 I: Modern field tester for interrogators, transponders and traffic/airborne collision avoidance systems (TCAS/ACAS)