Nothing Comes Close
Group display of Eurofighter Typhoons
Eurofighter Typhoon with missiles
The Eurofighter is the world's most advanced new generation multi-role/swing-role combat aircraft available on the market. It represents the peak of British, German, Italian and Spanish collaborative technology in avionics, aerodynamics, materials, manufacturing techniques and engines. Eurofighter Typhoon is Europe's largest military collaborative programme.
Eurofighter Typhoon is the only fighter to offer wide-ranging operational capabilities whilst at the same time delivering unparalleled fleet effectiveness.
- Crew: 1-2
- Max. range: 1,852 km
- Overall length: 15.96 m
- Wingspan: 10.95 m
- Overall height: 5.28 m
- Max. speed: Mach 2.0
- Max. take-off weight: 23.5 t
- First flight: 13.02.2003 – maiden flight GT001
Eurofighter´s most outstanding features are:
- Future-oriented modular avionic and digital Flight Control System
- Multi-role, swing-role capabilities
- Ultra-modern human-machine interface: LCD screens, Hands on Throttle and Stick (HOTAS) functionalities, Helmet Sight System and Direct Voice Input
- Sensor fusion and Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS)
- Extensive weapons/stores inventory
- Stealth features
- Automated and mission-tailored defensive aids for high survivability
- Designed for growth
- Low cost of ownership
Cassidian in Germany and Spain is the biggest shareholder (46%) within this joint British-German-Italian-Spanish programme. 620 Eurofighter aircraft have been ordered by the four programme nations. Austria has booked and received 15 aircraft. Another 72 have been ordered by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and delivery began in June 2009.
Final assembly of the series production aircraft is in full swing in the four countries. Delivery to the four partner nations started in 2003.
The Eurofighter is marketed for non-European export as "Typhoon".